29 Dec Unprecedented Challenges Require Extraordinary Actions
It’s been an extraordinary year! I can assure you that MCJ has fought for the most vulnerable Mississippians throughout this unprecedented health and economic crisis. Our work is testament to our conviction. Fighting difficult battles and overcoming insurmountable odds is what we do in Mississippi. It’s in our DNA. It’s in that spirit that I ask you to support the urgent work we still have before us.
- MCJ will work to expand Medicaid and foster a healthy Mississippi where all Mississippians have equitable access to quality healthcare.
- MCJ will hold Mississippi’s lawmakers accountable for their responsible use of the $1.25 billion in CARES Act funding. Mississippi’s poor, rural children deserve the same access to resources as every other school child in Mississippi.
- MCJ will continue to fight hard for Mississippians being unfairly removed from their homes and ensure that all Mississippians have access to fair and affordable housing.
- MCJ will work to provide traditional means of credit to underserved populations and to regulate predatory lenders.
- After the results of the census are released in 2021, MCJ will be on the front lines to ensure that the new voting districts comply with the Voting Rights Act and provide fair representation for all people.
- MCJ will stand beside the Dreamers and fight for every immigrant in Mississippi to have access to a fair hearing with due process.